Collection of Information
The Website automatically collects certain data that is not personally-identifiable; this may include your IP address, the URL you accessed immediately before reaching the Website, the time and date of your visit, where you went on this Website, your browser type and language, your operating system, your type of computer or mobile device, your mobile carrier, and the URL you accessed next after you left the Website. This information is analyzed to help us better serve users by better understanding our audience, business, customers, sales, traffic patterns, performance and related website information, and to improve the Website, and our products and services.
We do not collect any personally-identifiable information about you through the Website except when you specifically provide such information on a voluntary basis. For example, if you choose to contact us through the Website or are granted access to a portion of the Website using your username and password, we will collect your contact information. We also may ask you to provide the following information, which may be personally identifiable: your name; phone number; title and/or role; company name; company URL; mailing address and shipping address; email address; the country and region in which you reside; and/or the purpose of contacting us.
Registered Accounts: When you create an account with the Website through the Community, Academy, PartnerFirst, or MyMellanox portions of the Website, you will be asked to create a username. Your username, any photo you submit to be displayed in connection with your account, and any information you enter into the fields indicated for public display may be displayed publicly on the Website. You can customize some of the information displayed publicly in your profile by going to your account and profile settings. You may update or change your account information through your account settings accessible using the profile page for the applicable portion of the Website. The profile page for the Community portion of the Website may be accessed at community.mellanox.com/welcome. You should be aware that your information may continue to be viewable by others after you close your account, such as on cached pages on Internet search engines. Mellanox is not responsible for any consequences which may occur from the third-party use of information that a user chooses to submit to public pages. If you do not wish for others to view or access this information, please do not provide it to Mellanox or post it on the Website. If you feel that an unauthorized account has been created depicting you or your likeness, please contact us through the form at www.mellanox.force.com/inquiry.
Since access to certain Mellanox webpages requires a username and password, we recommend that you do not divulge your username and password to anyone and follow safe practices to help prevent this information from falling into unauthorized hands.
Use of Information
We may use information we collect about you (whether personally-identifiable or not personally-identifiable) to:
In addition, please note about the following about how we use the information we collect:
- Personalize your experience with the Website;
- Provide the information or services you request;
- Provide customer support;
- Improve the Website, products, and services;
- Compile aggregate data for internal and external business purposes;
- Aggregate the information with data provided by third parties;
- Resolve disputes and troubleshoot problems;
- Send pertinent marketing promotions to you;
- Establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims;
- Prevent, detect, and investigate potentially prohibited or illegal activities; and
- Comply with legal obligations.
- Content Sharing: The information and material you share on the Community and Academy portions of the Website are intended for viewing by other Website users, including your photos, comments, and profile information in accordance with the privacy settings you have chosen for your account or that are applicable to that information. By posting on the Website, you agree to permit us to disclose the information and material you post without restriction, including disclosure to other Website users or to the general public, subject to your customizable account and profile settings.
Information Received From Third-Party Sources
We may obtain information from third-party sources regarding you or the company you identify in your account information. The information obtained by these third parties is from publicly available sources—or other sources where Mellanox understands that you have given your permission to share your information. This information is used to inform and support Mellanox’s marketing and sales efforts. The Mellanox sales team may contact you based on this information to gauge your company’s interest in certain of Mellanox’s products and services. You may opt-out of those communications at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link provided in the email, by sending a request using the form at www.mellanox.force.com/inquiry, or by updating your privacy and communication preferences by accessing your profile page for the applicable portion of the Website.
Sharing Your Information
We may share the information we collect about you with third parties in connection with your use of the Website. We will not rent, sell, transfer, share or disclose personal information about you with unaffiliated third parties without your prior written consent, except to provide products or services that you have requested or under the following circumstances:
- Communications: When you (i) provide your email address or contact information to Mellanox (ii) elect to join the Website by signing up for an account or creating a profile through the Community, Academy, or MyMellanox portions of the Website; (iii) purchase a product, service, or information; or (iii) otherwise express an interest in Mellanox products, services, or information, you also opt in to receive communications from us, including promotional, marketing, and advertising information and recommendations that Mellanox believes may be of interest to you. If you do so, we will send you a follow-up communication confirming your decision to opt in to those communications. Consistent with applicable laws, including United States CAN-SPAM laws, you can opt out of certain email communications after having opted in by clicking “unsubscribe” on those communications. Note, however, that you cannot opt out of receiving certain administrative or legal notices from us regarding your account with the Community, Academy, or MyMellanox portions of the Website. We may also continue to respond to specific inquiries or requests you submit to Mellanox after you opt out of other email communications. By sending such inquiries and requests to Mellanox, you consent to Mellanox’s communications directly responding to those inquiries and requests. If you exchange messages with others through the Website, in accordance with applicable law, we may store them in order to process and deliver them, allow you to manage them, and investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Website. You also may opt in to certain communications but not others. You can manage the communications you have opted in to receive or opted out of for each account you have created with the Website by accessing your profile page for the applicable portion of the Website or by clicking the unsubscribe link on any communication from Mellanox.
- Agents, Contractors, Business Partners and Service Providers: We may share your information with our agents, contractors, business partners, or other service providers and third parties as needed to host, operate, and carry out the performance and functionality of the Website, improve the Website, fulfill your requests, facilitate relevant marketing, or provide customer support. We limit the information provided to service providers to that which is reasonably necessary for them to perform their functions, and we require them to agree to maintain the confidentiality of such information. Such third-party service providers may use your personal information only to provide services to you or Mellanox and will not be given permission to use such information for other purposes.
- Co-Sponsors of Events: We may share information from or about you with our business partners and co-sponsors of events, such as trade shows or webinars, where you disclose personal information to register for the event and such business partners and/or co-sponsors are disclosed to you during the registration process for the event.
- Other Users/General Public: Information that you post on the Website (e.g., photos, comments, your profile) may be made available to other users of the Website and the general public.
- Investigations: We may investigate and disclose information from or about you, as permitted by applicable law, if we have a good faith belief that such investigation or disclosure is (a) reasonably necessary to comply with legal process and law enforcement instructions and orders, such as a search warrant, subpoena, statute, judicial proceeding, or other legal process served on us; (b) helpful to prevent, investigate, or identify possible wrongdoing in connection with the Website; or (c) helpful to protect our rights, reputation, property, or that of our users, subsidiaries, or the public.
Although Mellanox works with certain third-party service providers and business partners to offer you certain services, Mellanox does not control and is not responsible for websites run by those third parties or personal information collected by those third parties independent from this Website. These third-party service providers—including PureWRX Inc., which operates the online store at store.mellanox.com—may collect information from you when you engage in services powered by those third parties or otherwise leave this Website and enter a third-party website. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of such third-party service providers and websites to learn more about the information such third parties collect from you and how they use and share that information.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
It may be possible to disable Cookies through your device or browser settings. The method for disabling cookies may vary by device and browser but can usually be found in preferences or security settings. Disabling cookies may, however, affect your ability to use the Applications.
California Do Not Track Disclosure
Please note we do not change system behavior within the Website in response to browser requests not to be tracked.
Accuracy, Access, Termination, and Retention
If any of your personally-identifiable information changes or if you want to review the information Mellanox has stored in your profile, you can review and update your profile by accessing the profile page for the applicable portion of the Website. You can also update your account by submitting a request through the form at www.mellanox.force.com/inquiry.
You can close your account at any time by submitting a request through the form at www.mellanox.force.com/inquiry. When you close your account, your public profile will be deactivated. However, unless prohibited by applicable law, postings or comments associated with your public profile prior to closing your account will remain accessible.
We maintain data handling and storage practices and procedures designed to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of customer information. We have security measures implemented in our physical facilities to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of information that we have collected from you at the Website. While we use reasonable efforts to safeguard the security of your personal information, transmissions made on or through the Internet are vulnerable to attack and cannot be guaranteed to be secure. In addition, submissions made via email are not protected by SSL (Secured Sockets Layer) technology and are vulnerable to interception during transmission.
Nevertheless, when disclosing any personal information via the Internet, there is always the risk that your information may be intercepted without our consent and, consequently, can be collected and used by others without your consent. In addition, third-party sites that are accessed through links on our sites have separate privacy policies and security measures, and Mellanox is not responsible or liable for the practices, policies or security measures implemented on these third-party sites. You hereby acknowledge that Mellanox is not responsible for any intercepted information sent via the Internet, and you hereby release us from any and all claims arising out of or related to the use of intercepted information in any unauthorized manner.
If we learn of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. We may post a notice through the Website if a security breach occurs. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To receive a free written notice of a security breach you should notify us using the form at www.mellanox.force.com/inquiry.
International Users - Applicable Law
California Privacy Rights
Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83, California residents can request in writing from businesses with whom they have an established business relationship: (a) a list of the categories of personal information and the type of services provided to the customer, that a business has disclosed to third parties (including affiliates that are separate legal entities) during the immediately preceding calendar year for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes and (b) the names and addresses of all such third parties. To make such a request from us, if entitled, please submit a written request to:
Attn: Legal Department
Mellanox Technologies, Inc.
350 Oakmead Parkway, Suite 100
Sunnyvale, CA 94085
We will respond to such properly addressed written requests. Please note that we are only required to respond to each customer once per calendar year.
Mellanox shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to change, suspend or discontinue this Website or any aspect of this Website, generally or with respect to you, at any time, including hours of operation and availability of any Website feature, database, or content without notice and without liability to you or any third party.
No Use by Children Under 18
Children (persons under the age of 18) are not eligible to use this Website unsupervised, and we ask that children do not submit any personal information to us. If you are under the age of 18, you may only use this Website in conjunction with and under the supervision of your parents or guardians. noIf we learn that personally identifiable information has been collected on the Website from persons under 18 years of age and without verifiable parental consent, then we will take the appropriate steps to delete this information. If you are a parent or guardian and discover that your child under 18 years has obtained an account on the Website, then you may alert us using the form at www.mellanox.force.com/inquiry and request that we delete that child’s personally identifiable information from our systems.
Notice to California Users
Under California Civil Code Section 1789.3, users of electronic commercial services are entitled to the following specific consumer rights notice: The Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs may be contacted in writing at 1625 N. Market Blvd., Suite S-202, Sacramento, California 95834, or by telephone at (800) 952-5210.
This Website is operated by:
Mellanox Technologies, Inc.
350 Oakmead Parkway, Suite 100
Sunnyvale, CA 94085
Copyright © 1999 - 2018 by Mellanox Technologies, Ltd. All rights reserved.